Parla Inglese?

My thoughts and happenings while in Italy.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Wow, I'm in Rome. It still hasn't sunk in. Everything here is so amazing. I want to take a picture of everything, but at the same time I don't because the pictures do nothing any justice.
We went on a walking tour today, saw the Coliseum and like everything else...wow..everything is so huge. The Italians are all about 'go big or go home'.
The first day I had a bit of culture shock, just not knowing how to order food and get around. But I think after being here in Rome for a week things will start to come more naturally. Even today, after going on the walking tour with our teacher things we're getting better. The first day we basically had a free day, so we we're walking around aimlessly in the rain. The probably wasn't a good start to the trip, but today definitely made up for it. I've made alot of new friends already, everyone on the trip is really amazing and friendly.
I have so much to write I don't even know where to begin. Nothing i'm saying is doing anything any justice it's really frustrating!
There's scooters EVERYWHERE, I love it!! what else umm.. the churches are beautiful, so are the young Italian men...haha. The Italian guys are very flaboyant and flirtaeous, it makes things fun.
Wow, I could end up writing one of those infamous Beth style emails (I think some of you should know what I'm talking about- the novels she writes when she's away on some amazing vacation!) umm our hostels is...interesting! It's definitely part of the experience. It's right outside the st. maria maggiore in Rome (look it up...). The building has alot of character to put it nicely! and lost of stairs...thankfully we had this nice Italian boy Christie there to help up with our luggage - what a sweetheart. But ya, the rooms are small, the showers are questionable...and there's rats living in the walls..haha. Surprisingly I haven't complained one bit, I love it, I'm soaking it all in-and there's alot to soak in.

so that's all for now, there's already plenty of stories for when I come home and I've only really been here one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home